Join Cindy Mayer for an in-depth discussion in this video Assessing your needs, part of Hiring Your Team.
One of the first steps in the hiring process is to understand what the …specific job duties will be. You'll also need to define what …knowledge, skills, and qualifications are required for a person to be successful in …completing the specific job duties. This information is often captured in a …job description. Let me briefly share with you the basic …process used to create a job description and the typical components that are included. …The usual process in a large organization is for a trained HR professional or an …industrial organizational psychologist to conduct a job analysis.…
This analysis may include interviews with incumbents and supervisors, work samples, …questionnaires, observation, gathering background information, as well as other techniques. …Often, more than one of these methods is utilized when analyzing a job. …In a smaller organization it may be the manager's responsibility to create the …job description. If this is the case in your situation, I …recommend that before you start to write it, you review descriptions that are …
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assessing your needs
- Screening resumes
- Choosing your interview setting
- Understanding the types of interview questions
- Following legal guidelines
- Understanding interview bias
- Conducting an effective interview
- Dealing with interview challenges
- Conducting background checks
- Determining the offer package
- Writing a compelling offer letter<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.