This video helps you determine when the optimal time is to take risk, how do you accelerate your knowledge about the risk you take, what you gain or lose with a single decision, and when you give up an idea that you have been pursuing.
- How do we begin to put risk-taking in place?…Well, before we put anything into action,…let's assess risk-taking style.…When speaking on this topic,…I'm frequently asked,…"How should I think of myself as a risk-taker?…"I'm not sure if I'm a risk-taker or a risk mitigator."…There are three things to keep in mind.…The first is assessing your own risk-taking style.…Second, know your people.…That includes your directors, stakeholders,…and the executive leadership team.…
Finally, know your process.…At this point in the course,…I encourage you to download the exercise file,…which has a mini risk-taking assessment…I originally created in my book, The Risk Factor.…In it, I present some questions that can help unleash…bold character leadership and provide a process…for establishing risk-taking leadership.…Spend some time with this document,…and really think through your answers.…These questions will unleash…when the optimal time is to take risk,…how to accelerate your knowledge about the risks you take,…what you gain or lose with a single decision,…
Once you as a leader have figured out how and when to take risks, you can then build a culture that not only focuses on producing great work, but also on creating and executing a steady flow of ideas to improve every aspect of the organization. Watch this course to enhance the relevance and marketability of your business and your career.
- What is risk?
- What role does risk play in leadership?
- Assessing your risk-taking style
- Understanding your organization's risk tolerance
- Defining risk-takers
- Cultivating smart risk-taking behavior
- Modeling risk-taking leadership