This video will have you assess the risks that were taken, and paid off or failed, over the last three years, what pivotal risks your organization took to get to where it is today, which areas inherently call for more risk-taking (which require less?), wh
- There is risk in taking risk…and our discomfort with it is entirely natural.…But that doesn't mean overcoming our vulnerability…and getting into the practice of taking risk…is not worthwhile.…Not every employee and every company…has to focus on the next billion dollar idea.…Success can have different meanings to different companies,…such as, do we produce a great product,…do we provide the best service,…are we profitable,…what do we want to be known for,…is our work important to the greater good.…
The answers to these and other questions…help define what a company thinks of itself.…Successful companies rise above the fray…by doing exactly what they want to do…and do it very well.…However, company culture is not just about…what you do, but how you do it.…Yet, every company culture is different…and each needs to focus on not what just they do,…but how they get things done.…This is the promise of what I call…the culture of how.…
With trust, autonomy, risk-taking,…knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement…at its very heart.…
Once you as a leader have figured out how and when to take risks, you can then build a culture that not only focuses on producing great work, but also on creating and executing a steady flow of ideas to improve every aspect of the organization. Watch this course to enhance the relevance and marketability of your business and your career.
- What is risk?
- What role does risk play in leadership?
- Assessing your risk-taking style
- Understanding your organization's risk tolerance
- Defining risk-takers
- Cultivating smart risk-taking behavior
- Modeling risk-taking leadership