Learn how to use value stream analysis to identify and remove waste in your agile workflow.
- Many of the concepts used by the founders…of agile came from lean manufacturing.…Simple called lean, it's a systematic approach…to identify and eliminate waste in a system…without affecting productivity.…As a result of agile's reliance…on lean concepts and processes,…understanding lean is critical…so it's important for you to know…that lean identifies seven typical wastes in systems.…The first is partially done work.…If something isn't complete, it doesn't add value.…
Partial value doesn't count as value at all.…Next, we have extra processes.…If you do something no one needs, it doesn't add value.…There are also extra features.…Sometimes this is known as gold plating,…where you build more than what's been asked for.…It might be cool, but it doesn't add value…to what was actually asked for.…Task switching is considered a waste…because you lose so much time stopping and restarting.…
Waiting is also considered waste,…and this is why agile focuses so much…on doing just enough just in time.…Motion is waste because moving, in itself,…
PMI, PMP, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Agile principles and the agile mindset
- Defining valuable deliverables
- Engaging your stakeholders
- Collaborating across stakeholders
- Planning agile projects
- Troubleshooting projects
- Continuous improvement
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management: Comparing Agile Toolswith Doug Rose2h 58m Intermediate
Agile Project Management with Microsoft Projectwith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Intermediate
1. Agile Principles and Mindset
2. Value-Driven Delivery
Prioritize your backlog4m 42s
3. Stakeholder Engagement
4. Planning Your Agile Project
5. Team Performance
6. Troubleshooting Your Agile Project
7. Continuous Improvement
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.