In a big organization, the opportunity for more consulting projects is virtually endless. Learn how to ask for an internal referral from your buyer and discover how to leverage your existing organizational success.
- Selling more projects after your foot…is already in the door of a big organization…can be like catching fish from a barrel.…The opportunities for more consulting projects…is virtually endless, which is great for you…and it's great for your client.…You don't want to have to go out into the world…of networking and they don't want to have to spend…their time getting another consultant up to speed,…because you already have that baseline understanding…of their company.…Sometimes internal referrals come to you,…like when your buyer introduces you to someone and says,…"Lisa and Elizabeth are helping us communicate…"better as a team."…And the other person goes, "Oh wow, my team could use that!"…Or, like when your buyer says,…"So and so could really use your help with such and such."…If this is happening in the middle of a project,…pay special attention to your initial buyers' feeling.…
Exchanging business cards in their face…and running off to lunch meetings with their colleagues…can make them feel a little neglected.…
- Determine the best self-positioning statement for you.
- Explain how to establish the value.
- Describe how to hold a kickoff meeting.
- Summarize the importance of a wrap meeting.
- Explain how to navigate changing relationships.
- Recognize the value of an internal referral.