This video will explain how you clearly articulate what you are trying to get out of taking the risk and measuring yourself against that goal: articulating the benefit you hoping for, but also how to set up the operation so that you am truly learning from
- View Offline
- From the employee perspective,…it is incredibly unnerving to take bold risks.…I've interviewed numerous employees…who feel that if they take the risk…and the payoff is bleak, they will…inevitably be demoted or even worse, fired.…So, how do employees know what…to do if they have a great idea?…Who do they turn to?…Is there a risk-taking system in place?…Either way, the most important piece…to articulate to your workforce…is that we encourage you and support you…wholeheartedly in taking that risk.…
The benefit is, by taking risks,…organizations can sustainably and significantly…grow its top line while retaining, encouraging…and exciting its most valuable employees.…It focuses on accelerating ideas…that advance the company and builds…a culture that is fast and adapted…without interrupting the bottom line.…Because this type of risk-taking…encourages entrepreneurship, even…intrapreneurship, and the freedom…to experiment in creative pursuits,…it just might keep a company's…greatest talent from jumping ship.…
If an organization can make space…
Once you as a leader have figured out how and when to take risks, you can then build a culture that not only focuses on producing great work, but also on creating and executing a steady flow of ideas to improve every aspect of the organization. Watch this course to enhance the relevance and marketability of your business and your career.
- What is risk?
- What role does risk play in leadership?
- Assessing your risk-taking style
- Understanding your organization's risk tolerance
- Defining risk-takers
- Cultivating smart risk-taking behavior
- Modeling risk-taking leadership