Join Laura Bergells for an in-depth discussion in this video Appointing a crisis communication leader, part of Crisis Communication.
- Your Crisis Communication Response Team will convene…when your Team Leader alerts members of a threat.…But, who are your Team Leaders, and what exactly do they do?…Your team leaders will vary by crisis.…However, all Team Leaders share six main responsibilities:…monitoring threats, convening the crisis team,…collecting facts, assigning response activities,…coordinating messages,…and updating the Executive Leadership Team.…Let's take a look at an example of a Team Leader in action,…in the event of a threat to your company's reputation.…
First, your Team Leader will continually monitor…for threats to the organization.…Your Response Team Leader will often…use subscription services that scan for media mentions…of your organization's name, brand names,…as well as the name of your executive leadership.…If one of these names is associated with a breaking story…that involves a reputational threat to your organization,…your Team Leader will get an immediate alert.…The second action the leader will take is…to convene the Response Team.…
- Define crisis.
- Explain how to respond quickly and confidently.
- Identify different audiences in crisis.
- Assess technical and physical resources.
- Describe how to establish a chain of command.
- Develop hold statements.
- Identify how to avoid common crisis response mistakes.
- Review your crisis communication response.