Join Mike Figliuolo for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying strategic filters, part of Strategic Planning Fundamentals.
- As I mentioned, in the strategic planning process…there are times the team comes together…and there are times they go off…on their own to do some homework.…This is one of those times.…When they get ready to apply the strategic filters…what you need to do is assign homework.…Take the list of initiatives.…Everybody should contribute all the ideas…of what the organization might want to consider doing.…Once you have that list of initiatives,…break it up amongst your team members.…Identify who should be evaluating which set of initiatives…and then take the strategic filters…that you all agreed upon and distribute them.…
The homework should be have everybody…go through each initiative they're assigned…and document how that initiative stacks up…against the strategic filters.…For filters that are hard filters…they need to determine does this initiative…pass or not pass through that filter?…For ones that are softer screens…they should be able to identify…is this a low, medium, or high…in terms of how this initiative…scores against that filter?…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Avoiding strategic planning risks
- Assessing the market
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Defining your direction, mission, and vision
- Determining core competencies
- Evaluating and prioritizing opportunities
- Assessing your initiatives
- Organizing for success
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Before You Begin Planning
2. Defining the Strategic Environment
3. Setting Your Strategic Direction
4. Determining How You'll Compete
5. Evaluating and Prioritizing Opportunities
6. Assessing Your Initiative Portfolio
Using a 2x2 matrix2m 56s
7. Organizing for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.