Learn how to take the process away from the course and apply it to real-world situations.
- As you go to apply the structured thought process…to a recommendation you're trying to make,…I'd like to offer some very tactical tips…on how you can put that into motion.…First, pick a medium-sized project.…Don't pick that really big project that's very complex…because you might get lost as you're trying…to apply the method.…I'd like you to get comfortable with the method…on a smaller scale.…Find a recommendation that's due anywhere from eight…to 16 weeks out because that will give you enough time…to apply this method and give you enough time…to get up that learning curve.…
You won't be very efficient with this…the first time you do it,…so having something due two to four months from now…is going to allow you enough time to practice the method…but not put you in a position where you're going…to be crunched trying to get it done.…Once you've identified that project,…I suggest you backward plan.…So you start with the final step of the process,…which is when do you have to share your idea.…Go ahead and write that date down.…
- Recall how to use the Structured Thought and Communication method.
- Identify the best architectural style for your idea.
- Explore strategies for choosing the right title.
- Recognize efficient ways to prove and disprove hypotheses.
- Recall methods for conducting an analysis.
- Identify the most salient facts.
- Explore how to best finalize a presentation.