Recruiters should make life easier for Hiring Authorities and anticipate not only their current, but future hiring needs. Learn seven specific strategies that will allow you to become a proactive vs. reactive recruiter which will elevate your working relationship with your Hiring Authorities.
- Hiring authorities are most impressed with recruiters…who seem to read their minds.…When you think about that for a moment,…recruiters are really not mind readers,…but there's many recruiters who are successful…at proactively verses reactively anticipating the needs…of their hiring authorities.…The following represent seven strategies that you can use…to become a more proactive recruiter.…Strategy number one is, you've got to stay abreast of trends.…And the way to do that is ask your hiring authorities…what trade publications they're reading…and you've got to read what they read.…
You've got to ask the candidates that you represent,…what do they read?…What associations do they belong to?…And you've got to read what they're reading…and join the associations.…Or if nothing more, go to the websites…of professional associations.…It is the job of a professional association…to inform the members of all the trends that are going on…in a specific industry or profession.…And trust me, there's an association for every profession…
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Develop the right attitude and expectations for recruiting.
- Use different recruiting methods, including websites and social media.
- Differentiate yourself to employers by positioning your services as a solution.
- Identify a company's hiring needs.
- Determine how to attract top talent.
- Build rapport and trust with candidates.
- Identify the right metrics to track your success.