You must answer all of the customer's questions, or they will write you another email or call the contact center. To avoid a second contact, learn to use two quick techniques for finding--and answering--all the customer’s questions.
- You might not think you need a lesson…about answering all of the customer's questions in an email.…Most of us think we've answered everything…the customer asked, but we've usually missed…a few questions along the way.…All day long, customers are asking us the same thing,…over and over, so it's easy to skip a question.…This lesson offers some simple advice,…be sure you've answered all the customer's questions.…Sometimes the customer's questions…in an email are easy to see.…
You just look for the question marks.…If you do a quick read of this email from Safeek,…you'll see that he's asked two questions.…Can I pay by check and if so, what is the process?…A complete reply to Safeek looks like this,…Dear Safeek,…Yes, you can pay for your transcript by check.…Just complete the attached transcript request form,…then mail the form and the check…to the Office of the Registrar.…That was pretty straightforward,…but in some customers' emails,…questions can be difficult to see,…especially if the email is long or disorganized.…
- Reading emails carefully
- Anticipating follow-up questions
- Answering all of the customer's questions
- Handling difficult questions
- Explaining your process to the customer
- Paraphrasing the customer's situation
- Acknowledging the customer's feelings
- Apologizing when appropriate
- Avoiding clichéd language
- Demonstrating empathy and sincerity in your writing
- Building rapport
Skill Level Beginner
Managing a Customer Contact Centerwith Brad Cleveland1h 31m Intermediate
1. Answer the Customer's Question
2. Show Customers You've Read Their Email
3. If You Must Apologize, Be Sincere
4. Customize Templates to Avoid Sounding Robotic
5. Build Your Email Writing Skills to Build Your Career
Self evaluation3m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.