In this video Angela shares what value analysis is and why it is a critical part of creating the product roadmap. Agile product wwners use value analysis to determine the order of items on the roadmap for the product. Angela gives an example and walks through the steps when performing value analysis and explains its impact to the roadmap.
- Studies have shown that we often build products…and features that aren't valued by users…or don't provide value back to the organization.…In fact, the products may create more problems and cost.…The product owner needs to assess…what features make sense to deploy first…from the perspective of customer value,…organizational value, and risk.…Value thinking and value analysis are key skills…the product owner and team use to create…the roadmap and release plans.…
Value thinking involves understanding what features…are of the most value and in what general order.…It involves thinking about how every piece…ultimately impacts the customer.…Some thought provoking questions…that help product owners and the team…determine this are: What are the users…or customers most basic needs?…And what do they expect at a most basic level?…Next, what, if absent, will make customers…dissatisfied with the product?…Then consider, what features are not necessary,…but help create a likability factor…and enjoyment from the product?…And finally, what features do customers…
- Identify the goals of a product owner on an agile team.
- Explore the essentials of an agile roadmap.
- Examine the elements of an agile planning overview.
- Identify key agile product owner competencies.
- Recognize the fundamentals of the experimenting and prototyping phase of agile planning.
- Discover common myths of agile product ownership.