Join Steven Brown for an in-depth discussion in this video Analyze, part of Lean Six Sigma Fundamentals.
- You can't find the solution to a problem…until you truly understand why you are…having the problem in the first place.…This is what the analyze process is all about.…You focus on why.…Why are you experiencing this particular problem?…You want to understand, for example,…what is causing the variability in your process,…or the unacceptable number of defects,…or a trend of increased errors.…You must have this understanding…before you can figure out a solution.…You'll rely very heavily on…statistical analysis in this stage.…
And that is one of the things that distinguishes…Six Sigma from many quality programs.…Quite often the Six Sigma team…will need additional training in statistical methods.…And this is where the company's Black Belt…and Master Black Belt experts come in.…These are very experienced people…who act as coaches to the team.…Providing advice, guidance, and training…for the data analysis tools.…Your goal in the analyze stage…is to make sense of all that data you've collected so far,…and to use your analysis to find the source of you problems.…
Steven outlines the process stages in Six Sigma (define, measure, analyze, improve, and control), along with the Lean toolkit: the 5s principles, kanban (scheduling), downtime, poka-yoke (error proofing), and kaizen (continuous improvement). He also explains how leadership works within Lean Six Sigma, the principles of project execution, and how Lean Six Sigma is applied to the service sector and supply chain management. Make sure to watch the "Next steps" video at the end of the course for further resources.
- Why Lean Six Sigma?
- Understanding the five steps of Six Sigma
- Understanding the 5 Ss of Lean
- Leading a Lean Six Sigma project
- Controlling a Lean Six Sigma project
- Using Lean Six Sigma for services and supply chain management