- Analytical reports provide information, of course,…but they differ from informational reports…because they also evaluate, interpret…and analyze the data for the reader,…and offer the reader conclusions…and recommendations based on that analysis.…Collecting credible research, evaluating and interpreting it…and then concluding and recommending a course of action…are all aspects of an analytical report.…So, how you can as a writer…prepare a quality analytical report?…The rest of this course discusses…the specifics for that type of report.…
Let's look at a general overview of analytical reports.…Analytical reports, in general,…are longer than informational reports.…However, no report has to be a certain length.…Each report need to be as long…as necessary to achieve its purpose.…Focus on both conciseness…and completeness in writing all reports.…Analytical reports are sometimes…called recommendation reports, if for an external audience.…Their purpose is to persuade an individual or a group…to implement the writer's recommended course…
- Differentiate between formal and informal reports.
- Write an effective transmittal.
- Identify when to use an appendix and what to include.
- Cite the purpose of a tentative outline and create one for a report.
- Clarify and emphasize data with report graphics.
- Distinguish between primary and secondary research.
- Explain how to incorporate graphics in a report.
- Write a tentative outline.
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Writing Principleswith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 32m Beginner
Writing Recommendationswith Judy Steiner-Williams10m 52s Intermediate
1. Examining Types of Business Reports
2. Exploring the Parts of a Report
3. Preparing to Write
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.