Learn what next steps to take to forge ahead in your job search. Plus, hear Jolie's two final job search tips for the road.
- Congratulations on stepping through our crash course…and finding a job you love.…There are two tips I want to leave you with.…The first I can't emphasize enough,…stay on the job hunt, even when you're happy.…Know your industry, hiring trends,…salary trends and what companies are making big changes.…It keeps you competitive and helps you…avoid becoming obsolete.…And second, leaders hire learners.…Staying current on your education,…even if it's just a few online courses a year…or webinars or in-person events,…signals that you're relevant…and eager to do better.…
It's easy to hire people who invest in themselves…and constantly feed their learning curve.…You'll help yourself come across as…adaptable, fresh and trainable.…Learners tend to take feedback…and respond to new circumstances well.…So in addition to always be job hunting,…always be learning.…I wish you the best of luck on your job hunt…and know at all times that you've got this.…Please don't hesitate to reach out to me…on LinkedIn or Twitter at Jolie Miller.…
Looking for study partners?Join the Interview Tips study group
Ready to find your next job? Learn how to prepare yourself for today's job market and land a gig that you'll love. Jolie Miller shows how to create a great job hunting plan that connects you with opportunities that mesh with your interests and goals. Jolie explains how to present yourself to employers in the best light with a well-designed LinkedIn profile, resume, and cover letter. She explores how to tailor your experience for each job and for any special situations, such as layoffs, reentering the workforce, or switching roles or industries. Plus, she shares quick tips that can help you make a great first—and lasting—impression in your interviews, negotiate an offer you're proud of, and prepare for your first day at your new job.
- Setting job hunting objectives
- Writing a compelling resume and cover letter
- Tailoring your approach
- Finding the right jobs
- Reentering the workforce
- Identifying which of your skills are transferable
- Excelling in a phone or video interview
- Negotiating a job offer