Building a desired brand begins with becoming clear about how you want your skills, talents, values, and passions to be perceived. Learn to create meaningful goals for your career, not just a job. Once you know what you want your reputation to be, you must make a decision based on what "future you" would chose.
- What if I told you that you had way more power…over the way people see you than you think.…If I could show you how to build a reputation for yourself…that you'd be proud of, would you be interested?…That's exactly how personal branding works…When you get clear about how you'd like to be perceived,…when your focused on your skills and your talents,…your values and your passions,…then you can build what I call your desired brand.…Here's a way to think about it.…Imagine you are much, much older…and we are looking back over your life,…and your career.…
What would you want people to know about you?…How did you make other people feel in your life?…What purpose or cause did you serve?…It's important to have a goal…to work towards in your career.…Not just a job, but a real purpose…that your fulfilling and meeting every day.…Here's an example of what I mean.…So let's take Susan.…Susan's a young lady who is passionate…about helping third-world countries get clean water…to their people.…
She traveled down there once on a school trip…
Personal branding expert Lida Citroën shows you how to present yourself to employers in the best light, from your resume to your social media presence, to your interview attire. Lida also shares best practices for finding and applying to jobs, and setting yourself up for success before graduation. She helps you understand how to use social media strategically to network with future coworkers and mentors, and research the companies you really want to work for. Her advice is focused on helping you find a good fit with an employer that matches your passion, salary requirements, and values.
- Selling "you" and building your brand
- Leveraging an internship
- Finding your network
- Identifying your ideal employer
- Finding jobs online and in person
- Competing with others
- Writing resumes and cover letters
- Acing the interview