Recruiters understand the importance of their candidates being retained. How your placed candidates are treated after they are hired determines if they will become a long-term engaged employee or cause them to continue their search. Learn seven best practices to retain the candidates you place.
- Do you remember the last time you started a new job?…As a recruiter, we place people in new jobs…on a daily basis and we often forget how grueling it is…to start a new job and how scary it can be at times.…The person has probably stayed up half the night,…just asking themselves some very simple questions…like, I wonder where I should park?…What if I can't remember names?…And see, how your employees are treated on their first day…and in that first month or so of employment,…really determines if this person is going to become…a long-term, engaged employee that's going to basically…benefit your hiring authorities or if they're going to…start conducting a job search.…
See, they really need to feel connected.…They need to feel a part of the team very quickly,…and it's your onboarding and it's your orientation process…that really helps with retention.…In fact, I'm a firm believer that retention…begins with the right hire.…You hire the right people and then you get them connected,…and you make them feel comfortable,…
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Develop the right attitude and expectations for recruiting.
- Use different recruiting methods, including websites and social media.
- Differentiate yourself to employers by positioning your services as a solution.
- Identify a company's hiring needs.
- Determine how to attract top talent.
- Build rapport and trust with candidates.
- Identify the right metrics to track your success.