In this video tutorial, Angela shares what a product vision is, its components, and why it is so important to the team’s success. Learn how agile product owners need to create a product vision in order to align strategy to execution. This allows the team to align contextually with the product details. Angela will also share an example of a product vision statement and the parts of a product vision for a sample product.
- Do you ever feel like you need a crystal ball…for a project and a product?…What are we really building?…Without a product vision, direction is misunderstood,…the team feels disconnected, disagreement and…misunderstanding happens on the team as each individuals…ideas of the vision take over.…The product owner doesn't just create and communicate…the product vision, but goes even further to make sure…the team fully understands it.…
It requires understanding the drivers and goals…of the product.…And being able to communicate this in multiple ways.…A great product vision inspires the team to common goals,…creates a framework for dialogue, and paints a picture…for the team when working together.…So you're probably wondering what does a…product vision consist of?…I like to think of a product vision…in five interrelated parts.…First, the target group.…
The target group identifies who the product is…mainly built for.…This helps the team understand who the primary user…of the product is.…Second, are goals.…What are the goals of the target group and relationship…
- Identify the goals of a product owner on an agile team.
- Explore the essentials of an agile roadmap.
- Examine the elements of an agile planning overview.
- Identify key agile product owner competencies.
- Recognize the fundamentals of the experimenting and prototyping phase of agile planning.
- Discover common myths of agile product ownership.