Agile product owners create and maintain the product roadmap on agile projects. Learn about a product roadmap in this video tutorial. Angela explains how it connects to the product vision. She also covers the key components and why it is so important to the team’s success. Angela will also share an example of a product roadmap and how decisions are made while creating and maintaining the roadmap.
- When driving somewhere I'm unfamiliar with,…I like a map.…I am visual.…I study it before leaving the house…and use it along the way.…Creating a roadmap for a product is no different.…We're building new visions and products…and need a path to get there.…Effective product owners and teams use a product roadmap…to know what direction they are going.…They study it, talk about it,…and discuss options and risks.…They can't get to their destination without it.…
Creating a product roadmap is a way to plan the path…and prioritize the steps for delivering the product.…Roadmaps are planned by increments of value,…meaning that each piece is about value to the customer…and about delivering a viable and valuable product.…A roadmap shows respect for the organization's money,…priorities, and customer value.…It conveys the team is making responsible decisions.…
A great roadmap is far more concerned…with increments of value…and allowing for change over defining everything in advance…or forcing technical decisions.…Let's look at a roadmap for our fitness app example…
- Identify the goals of a product owner on an agile team.
- Explore the essentials of an agile roadmap.
- Examine the elements of an agile planning overview.
- Identify key agile product owner competencies.
- Recognize the fundamentals of the experimenting and prototyping phase of agile planning.
- Discover common myths of agile product ownership.