Learn how to answer the How question to develop the agenda in detail so that deliverables and objective are accomplished.
- How often have you received an invitation…to attend a meeting where there is no mention of any agenda?…You show up and a meeting just rambles on…and you run out of time, no purpose fulfilled,…nothing achieved except wasted time.…You certainly don't want that to happen…to your Work-Out, or Kaizen, event.…A well-structured agenda is critical.…The agenda provides the means to address the how question.…How do you plan to produce the deliverables…in order to achieve the stated goals…and objectives of the Kaizen event?…As you develop the agenda, try the following steps.…
Step one, for each deliverable,…determine what activities must take place to produce it.…If the deliverable is a list of improvements in a process,…then these activities are required.…Mapping of the as-is current state process…to provide a common understanding of what's going on,…followed by analysis of the process map…to identify improvement opportunities,…then brainstorm to generate ideas…and solutions to address those opportunities,…and evaluate and select from the proposed solution ideas,…
Note: This course does not cover general meeting facilitation. It is specific to planning Work-Outs and Kaizen events. Any prerequisite training in the Operational Excellence and Six Sigma learning paths should be completed beforehand.
- Planning a Work-Out or Kaizen event
- Who to invite
- Creating a detailed agenda
- Value stream mapping and analysis
- Streamlining and waste reduction Kaizen
- 5S Kaizen
- Voice of the customer Work-Out
- FMEA Work-Out
- Process metrics and control Work-Out