HR consultant Catherine Mattice outlines some of the considerations of the human resources professional, such as balancing the needs of employees with the interests of the organization. She reveals how to conduct an HR audit to identify HR practices that need improvement. She then outlines core HR responsibilities: staffing, training, documentation, compensation and benefits, performance reviews, job descriptions, compliance with state and federal regulations, and more.
- Building trust with employees
- Conducting an HR audit
- Classifying employees
- Setting up compensation and benefits
- Creating and enforcing company policies
- Writing job descriptions
- Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new employees
- Managing employee performance
- Training employees
- Disciplining employees
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Human resources is one of the most vital parts of any business. As the HR representative in your organization, you are responsible for compliance with employment laws, along with building up employee knowledge and skills. You are also responsible for engaging and motivating your workforce, so they can be top quality producers, and ultimately, for helping secure the success of your company. There's a lot to know when it comes to HR, and this course will provide you with the foundation. My name is Catherine Mattice, and I have been working in the field of HR for over a decade.
I'll address several facets of human resources, including your administrative duties, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring the best people in your industry, as well as employee performance. I'll also dispel some misconceptions that HR's sole focus is rules and regulations. Really, HR is all about making employees great. So, are you ready to become one of your company's most valuable assets? Then let's get started.