In the Recruiting Profession you have people on both sides of your process and red flags will surface. You are judged on your ability to provide results. Learn how to hit the red flag head on and then decide if you should continue representing this candidate or present additional candidates.
- Have you every learned something about a person…or a situation that you wish you didn't know?…You will find red flags on both the candidate…and hiring authority's side of the placement process.…I'd like to review some main candidate red flags,…let's start out with their resume or their CV.…Red flags could be a gap of employment,…or maybe they have short durations in their last employers.…It could be a reduction in their title or income,…or maybe you look at the title and you see that…the title far surpasses the level or experience…that's listed on their resume or they could have been…unemployed for an extended period of time.…
These are all situations that you need to go back and delve…deeper into to find out the reasons for these situations.…Now during the interviewing process…red flags can also appear.…It could be a candidate's inability…to answer questions that they should know.…It could be an apparent lack of preparation or research,…there's nothing worse than having them show up…for an interview unprepared.…
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Develop the right attitude and expectations for recruiting.
- Use different recruiting methods, including websites and social media.
- Differentiate yourself to employers by positioning your services as a solution.
- Identify a company's hiring needs.
- Determine how to attract top talent.
- Build rapport and trust with candidates.
- Identify the right metrics to track your success.