Join Mike Figliuolo for an in-depth discussion in this video Accountability, part of Strategic Planning Foundations.
- The only way to ensure…your initiatives get completed,…is to hold people accountable.…Every single initiative on your prioritization list…should have a very clear initiative owner.…One person you can hold accountable…for delivering results on that project.…You'll need appropriate reporting and metrics…to be able to tell,…is the initiative on track or not?…If an initiative is scheduled to deliver,…say, a million dollars by the end of the year,…and by June, you're at 50,000,…you should probably know that…as soon as possible,…so you can take appropriate corrective action…to get that initiative back on track.…
The reporting and metrics are a critical element…of driving accountability.…Those initiative owners must be held accountable…for managing the plans and delivering results.…If they're not delivering,…you, as their leader, need to find out why,…and if they need resources,…your job is to provide them.…If they're not meeting expectations,…they need your guidance,…and coaching and counseling to help them do so.…Now, many times, you're going to defer…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Avoiding strategic planning risks
- Assessing the market
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Defining your direction, mission, and vision
- Determining core competencies
- Evaluating and prioritizing opportunities
- Assessing your initiatives
- Organizing for success
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Before You Begin Planning
2. Defining the Strategic Environment
3. Setting Your Strategic Direction
4. Determining How You'll Compete
5. Evaluating and Prioritizing Opportunities
6. Assessing Your Initiative Portfolio
Using a 2x2 matrix2m 56s
7. Organizing for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.