Know that coaches need coaching too! We who strive to help others develop, also need to develop. Learn how to do it in ways that are stimulating, rewarding, and effective both for you and all the future leaders you'll coach.
- As we wrap up I have just two suggestions…and one request.…As executive coaches we're in the learning business.…And one of the best ways I've learned…how to be a better coach is to have a coach.…So here's the first suggestion.…Look through what we covered in the course,…pick an area to get better,…and ask for help from a coach.…You can hire them or you can coach each other.…It's a great way to accelerate learning,…lead by example for our leaders,…and see what it's like to be on their side…of the relationship.…
Second suggestion, come back after a while…and watch the course again.…Every coaching engagement…has new challenges and opportunities,…and I found it helpful to take a fresh look…at the fundamentals with a beginner's mindset.…One, to make sure I don't accidentally miss any of them,…and two, because there's always new ways…to apply them uniquely to the next unique leader.…I want to say thank you for investing time in this course.…I'm honored to pass along some of what I've learned…from leaders and other coaches…
- What is executive coaching?
- Establishing your credibility and character
- Building your coaching relationship
- Understanding your leader's specific situation and aspirations
- Establishing development priorities
- Creating a development plan
- Gathering data and synthesizing it
- Supporting your leader's progress
- Engaging strategic stakeholders