You need energy to complete tasks. Unlike computers, humans are not meant to run at high speeds, continuously, for long periods of time. You are at your best when we move rhythmically between spending and renewing our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual energy—a reality companies must embrace to fuel sustainable engagement and high performance. Fuel each dimension of energy to become happier, healthier, and more purposeful.
- The map we've created is one built on the notion that there are four reservoirs of energy that we need to tap, or we need to regularly fuel and refuel in order to live the richest and most satisfying, and productive lives. There's physical energy, which is the quantity of your energy. There's emotional energy, which is the quality of your energy, how you feel. There's mental energy, which is the focus of your energy.
And there's what we call spiritual energy, which is the energy derived from purpose, from a sense that what you do really matters. And what we've discovered is that all four of these sources of energy are absolutely critical to being fully fueled, that none of them is sufficient by itself, and that all of them influence one another. The Energy Project is about what it requires, what it takes to be more wholly human. There are two primary components of that.
The first is simply about awareness. What we're looking at is the interior landscape. What's going on inside you? And it turns out, this is a vast unexplored territory of infinite potential, and what we've tried to do is really provide a map for understanding what's going on inside you so that you're in a position to influence it. You can't change what you don't notice. And the second component is to really introduce you to strategies grounded in the science of high performance, the research that tells us what works and what doesn't with the science that tells us in a more data driven way what actually contributes to your being able to live the life that you're capable of living.
In this course, thought leader Tony Schwartz shares his tested and unique framework for fueling productivity through energy management. He explains how to tap into your potential by regularly renewing your four core energy needs: physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual. By learning how to more skillfully manage each dimension of energy, you can bolster your own productivity, and enhance your success as a manager by tapping into the true potential of your employees.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Learning about energy management
- Managing your physical energy to improve work performance
- Avoiding the survival zone emotionally
- Taking more control of your attention
- Finding a balance between taking care of others and taking care of yourself