When and where should you use a sales story? Paul walks you through an overview of the 25 types of stories all salespeople need throughout the sales process. In part one, he covers stories that are useful when introducing yourself, prepping for a sales call, and building rapport with your buyer.
- What kind of sales stories does a typical salesperson need…and when do they need them?…I set out to answer those questions two years ago,…when doing research for my book, Sell with a Story.…I interviewed professional sales and procurement managers…at over 50 companies.…I asked both the salespeople and buyers,…where storytelling was being used in the sales process,…and what kind of stories were being told.…I was surprised to find out stories are being used…across the entire sales process,…from introducing yourself to the buyer,…to building rapport,…to making the actual sales pitch itself,…to handling objections and negotiating price,…to closing the sale,…even to managing customer relationships after the sale.…
In all, I found 25 unique types of stories being told.…I'll briefly describe all of them in this video…and the following one,…and give you an example or two.…But if you go to my website,…there's a more complete description of all 25 stories,…and there's an example of each one included…in the book, Sell with a Story,…
- What is a sales story?
- Why tell sales stories?
- The 25 sales stories you need
- How to get buyers to tell their stories
- What makes a great story great?
- Choosing the right story to tell
- Finding great stories
- Story structures
- Challenge, conflict, and resolution
- Delivering stories verbally and in writing
- The ethics of storytelling