Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,971 courses, including more Business and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Caring for a scanner
- Understanding pixels and resolution
- Choosing scanning software
- Scanning logos and line art
- Scanning grayscale vs. color
- Scanning for print
- Converting documents to editable text with graphics
- Scanning images for use on websites
- Converting images and documents to PDFs
- Emailing and faxing scanned images
- Creating PDFs for OCR
- Automating the scan process
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Taz Tally and welcome to Scanning Techniques for Business and Home. In this course we'll look at scanning a variety of images and documents. I'll start by showing you the fundamentals of scanning including types of scanners and image challenges, image resolution and dimensions, and file formats. We'll address how to properly evaluate your images and documents prior to scanning. And along the way, I'll show you how to complete specific scanning projects for capturing line art and photos, printing, faxing, emailing, and using your images on websites.
So don those lint free gloves and gather up all your favorite graphics, images, and documents and let's get started with Scanning Techniques for Business and Home.