- View Offline
- What is copywriting?
- Writing the first draft
- Writing and testing headlines
- Structuring copy for print vs. online delivery
- Using typography effectively
- Rewriting copy
- Managing a team of copywriters
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Welcome to Writing Marketing Copy. It may be hard to believe, but there was marketing before the internet. I'm Ian Lurie and I've been writing marketing copy for over 20 years. In this course I'll discuss copywriting starting with the very basics, the many types, and moving on to advanced topics including managing teams of writers. I'll discuss the little twists and turns involved when you write copy in two different media: online and print. There is a difference. Context, or the lack thereof, is a crucial part of becoming a smart copywriter.
And finally I'll discuss how to write copy that helps you win customers or voters, whatever else your organization needs. Copy's the heart and soul of any marketing strategy. After this course, you'll be well on your way to getting your campaigns off to a great start. I'm excited you're joining me for this course, so let's get started with writing marketing copy.