Join Peter Kent for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding site navigation, part of Analyzing Your Website to Improve SEO.
- View Offline
If the search engines can't find your pages, they can't index them.…In a later video, we'll be looking at XML site maps, a way for you to give the…search engines a virtual index of all the pages on your site.…But that's not enough. You need to provide a way for search engines to travel…through your site and find all the pages you want them to find.…It's entirely possible to build navigation structures that the search…engines can't navigate.…It's not so common these days, but I've seen many sites using navigation…techniques that are essentially invisible to the search engines,…effectively blocking search engines from all pages except those that have links…pointing to them from other web sites.…
This course was updated on 10/12/2012.
- Understanding why indexing is important
- Using the Google AdWords Keyword Tool
- Dealing with frames, iframes, and popups
- Working with SEO-friendly URLs
- Using meta tags
- Clearing source code clutter
- Building links within the site
- Working with Google+
- Reviewing page content
- Building and submitting an HTML and XML sitemap
- Garnering links outside the site