- View Offline
- Understanding Google PageRank results
- Analyzing links
- Building local and directory links
- Working with article syndication services
- Creating link bait
- Distributing links of social networks
- Buying links: the pros and cons
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hello and welcome to Link Building in Depth. I'm Peter Kent and I'll be helping you understand the importance of links for search engine optimization. While it's sometimes possible to get a site ranked high in the search engines without worrying too much about links, that's rarely the case. If you have plenty of competition for your key words, lots of other websites trying to rank well for the same terms as you, then a strong linking strategy is essential. I'm going to start by providing a little background.
I'll explain just a little about the evolution of search engines to set the stage. And then I'll explain why links are important to them. With the introductory stuff out of the way we'll jump in and learn about what links are and what they can do for your website. I'll discuss Google PageRank and also the role of key words and why you want to Google bomb your site. Of course I'll also explain what things to avoid when creating links. Once you understand the basics, we'll get into how to actually create links. How to get other websites to link to yours I'm going to explain the link game and then talk about low hanging fruit, the links you can get quickly and easily.
In addition you're going to learn about the link business. The things that the search engines hate such as bind links plus a bit of link jargon and some information about working with firms that can help you create links. In some ways linking is the worse part of SEO. With on-page issues, page optimization, and site structure, you have total control, it's your site after all. But with linking it's different, you're trying to convince other people to link to your site. There are lots of ways to do that, some good and some not so good.
But getting really useful links can often be difficult. So let's get started with Link Building in Depth.