SEO: Link Building in Depth
There are two sides to search engine optimization (SEO): on-page and off-page optimization. Off-page means getting links from other websites to point back to your site, which strengthens your site's position in search engine results. In this course, author Peter Kent dissects the anatomy of a link, explains how links affect page ranking, and reveals the properties that make an excellent inbound link. The course also evaluates reciprocal linking; link building via press releases, blogs, and articles; and the importance of using quality links that are search-engine friendly.
- Understanding Google PageRank results
- Analyzing links
- Building local and directory links
- Working with article syndication services
- Creating link bait
- Distributing links of social networks
- Buying links: the pros and cons
- Hello and welcome to Link Building in Depth. I'm Peter Kent and I'll be helping you understand the importance of links for search engine optimization. While it's sometimes possible to get a site ranked high in the search engines without worrying too much about links, that's rarely the case. If you have plenty of competition for your key words, lots of other websites trying to rank well for the same terms as you, then a strong linking strategy is essential. I'm going to start by providing a little background.
I'll explain just a little about the evolution of search engines to set the stage. And then I'll explain why links are important to them. With the introductory stuff out of the way we'll jump in and learn about what links are and what they can do for your website. I'll discuss Google PageRank and also the role of key words and why you want to Google bomb your site. Of course I'll also explain what things to avoid when creating links. Once you understand the basics, we'll get into how to actually create links. How to get other websites to link to yours I'm going to explain the link game and then talk about low hanging fruit, the links you can get quickly and easily.
In addition you're going to learn about the link business. The things that the search engines hate such as bind links plus a bit of link jargon and some information about working with firms that can help you create links. In some ways linking is the worse part of SEO. With on-page issues, page optimization, and site structure, you have total control, it's your site after all. But with linking it's different, you're trying to convince other people to link to your site. There are lots of ways to do that, some good and some not so good.
But getting really useful links can often be difficult. So let's get started with Link Building in Depth.
Advanced Google AdWords Tips and Tricks84,133 Views
Top 5 Money-Saving AdWords Tips9,069 Views
Google Analytics Tips201,978 Views
Video SEO Basics91,160 Views
Improving SEO Using Accessibility Techniques196,591 Views
SEO Fundamentals1,097,240 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
SEO: Keyword Strategy in Depth477,419 Views
Online Marketing Fundamentals1,221,131 Views