In CMS Fundamentals, James Williamson defines content management systems (CMSs) and explains their role in web site development. The course demonstrates the different CMS solutions available today, including WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla; reviews CMS terminology and best practices; and shows how to develop a content management strategy. Guidelines are also included for evaluating a potential CMS, whether hosted or self-hosted, open source or proprietary, and choosing a CMS based on a specific need or focus.
- Defining and understanding a CMS
- Understanding taxonomy
- Assessing an organization or company's needs
- Comparing content management systems
- Planning a content strategy
- Controlling content lifecycle
- Migrating between CMSs
- Understanding users, groups, and permissions
- Using web analytics
- Hi, I'm James Williamson. Welcome to CMS Fundamentals. This course is designed to introduce anyone interested in using content management systems to the fundamental concepts and terminology behind what has become the driving force for so many websites. First, we'll discuss just what a CMS is, what types of CMS's are available, and how to determine if using one is right for you. Next, we'll explore some of the terms and concepts that you're likely to encounter when using a CMS. I'm also gonna showcase a few of the more popular CMS and look a little deeper into platforms like Drupal, Joomla and WordPress and we'll give you a few things that you should consider when choosing a CMS for your own projects.
Finally, I'll discuss some best practices involved in utilizing content management systems and how to make sure that you're using them to their fullest potential. With all that in mind, let's start exploring the world of content management systems.
HTML5 Game Development with Phaser150,826 Views
Creating Ebooks with InDesign CS535,297 Views
Visual Studio 2015 Essentials 06 : Debug and Troubleshoot Code19,600 Views
MoodleCloud: First Look7,798 Views
Productivity Tips for Web Designers159,919 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,271,059 Views
HTML Essential Training3,810,033 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals7,736,183 Views