Do data viz the right way every time. Get data visualization tips to choose the right visualization, chart relationships, visualize data distributions, create maps, and more.
- We live in a world full of data. And making sense of it can be a challenge. There are many tools out there that allow you to create beautiful, interactive data visualizations that help you to see and understand your data. Make the right choice, and the visualization can enhance the understanding of your data. Hi, I'm Matt Francis, data visualization expert and two-time Tableau Zen Master. And I have a passion for data and helping people to create data visualizations that enable them to find insight and answers in their data.
In this course, I'm going to show you how to choose the right visualization for your data, and allow you to answer the five questions common to all data analysis. How does something compare to something else? How is this data related to that data? How is the data distributed? How is the data made up? And how does this data look on a map? By knowing the most effective chart type for your data and the questions that you want to answer, you will be able to design a beautiful visualization that will bring your data to life.
So, what are you waiting for? Let's get started.
- Explain the importance of data visualization.
- Determine when an infographic or an exploratory dashboard would be most appropriate.
- Identify the elements of a Gantt chart.
- Recall the characteristics of four kinds of distribution.
- Recognize the drawbacks of using a pie chart.
- Explain when to use a symbol map.