Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Surveying the available chart types, part of Learning QlikView.
- QlikView 11 lets you create a wide range of charts,…from simple bar and line charts…to combination grid and funnel charts.…In this movie, I will summarize…the different types of charts available to you…and when you might want to use them.…The first two chart types I'll cover…are the bar chart and the line chart.…In a bar chart, which is a very common type,…every x-axis value, such as a state or other category,…corresponds to a bar.…The height of the bar represents the y-axis value,…which is a number such as sales.…
A line chart represents each x-axis value as a dot,…and the total of sales or some other number…as the height of that dot on the y, or vertical, axis.…Line charts are often used to display data over time.…A combination chart is a combination…of the line and bar chart…that's used to show two data series.…These can be useful, but I found that mixing data series…can be visually confusing.…So I tend to create two separate charts…instead of a single combination chart.…
Next, there is the radar chart,…which is a variation of the line chart,…
- Installing QlikView
- Setting user preferences and document properties
- Creating visualizations
- Adding objects like List boxes, Multi boxes, and containers
- Adding, deleting, and moving sheets
- Sorting and filtering QlikView data
- Creating charts and pivot tables
Skill Level Beginner
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
1. Introducing QlikView
2. Managing Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Managing QlikView Sheets and Files
4. Creating Charts and Summaries in QlikView
5. Creating and Manipulating Pivot Tables
Further resources1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.