Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Sorting QlikView data, part of Up and Running with QlikView.
- Human beings like to see things in order.…We like to see data categories…in alphabetical order, and values…arranged from lowest to highest,…or sometimes highest to lowest.…In this movie I will show you how to…sort your QlikView data so you can…discover the insights that come from…looking at your data in a different way.…My sample file is the Sorting Report…and you can find it in the Chapter04 folder…of your Exercise Files collection.…I have two controls on my Report Sheet.…
The first is a chart that is arranged by sales.…We have the largest sales amount to the left,…then the second largest, third largest and so on.…My other control has month names,…so I have April, February, January,…and those are listed in alphabetical order…as opposed to chronological order.…I'll show you how to re-sort each of these two controls.…I'll start with the chart, and let's say…that I want to arrange the states in alphabetical order.…
To do that I would right click…the Charts title bar and click Properties.…Doing so displays the Chart Properties dialogue box.…
- Installing QlikView
- Setting user preferences and document properties
- Creating visualizations
- Adding objects like List boxes, Multi boxes, and containers
- Adding, deleting, and moving sheets
- Sorting and filtering QlikView data
- Creating charts and pivot tables
Skill Level Beginner
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
1. Introducing QlikView
2. Managing Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Managing QlikView Sheets and Files
4. Creating Charts and Summaries in QlikView
5. Creating and Manipulating Pivot Tables
Further resources1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.