Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Pivoting a pivot table, part of Up and Running with QlikView.
- Simple tables that you view your data as a list,…you can sort and filter that data…but you need to create a pivot table to change…the data's arrangement into a cross-tabular format.…In this movie, I will show you how to pivot a pivot table…to change which data that you emphasize.…My sample file is the Pivot report…and you can find it in the Chapter05 folder…of the Exercise Files collection.…Here, I have a pivot table that I created earlier…and the row headers are the states,…Arizona, California and so on.…
The column headers are the first…six months of the year, January through June.…If I want to rearrange the data within the pivot table,…all I need to do is drag the field headers…to a new location.…For example, suppose I want to put Month…under State in the row area.…To do that, I can drag the Month header down…and you can see that I have a blue upper-pointing arrow,…indicating that it will go in this position…to the right of State.…
When I release the left mouse button,…I now have States to the left and Month to the right…
- Installing QlikView
- Setting user preferences and document properties
- Creating visualizations
- Adding objects like List boxes, Multi boxes, and containers
- Adding, deleting, and moving sheets
- Sorting and filtering QlikView data
- Creating charts and pivot tables
Skill Level Beginner
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
1. Introducing QlikView
2. Managing Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Managing QlikView Sheets and Files
4. Creating Charts and Summaries in QlikView
5. Creating and Manipulating Pivot Tables
Further resources1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.