Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Data Science & Analytics, Career Paths & Certifications: First Steps.
- [Voiceover] Thanks For Watching this Course. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed creating it. If you'd like to advance your knowledge on data science further, here is a progression of courses I recommend you take, Excel, Python, R, Hadoop Fundamentals, Data Visualization Fundamentals, Data Mining, and Big Data Analytics. I hope to see you again in my next course.
Jungwoo Ryoo is a professor of information science and technology at Penn State. Here he reviews the history of data science and analytics, explores which markets are using big data the most, and reveals the five main skills areas: data mining, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), statistics, and visualization. This leads to a discussion of the five biggest career opportunities, the four leading industry-recognized certifications available, and the most exciting emerging technologies. Along the way, Jungwoo discusses the importance of ethics and professional development, and provides pointers to online resources for learning more.
- A history of data science
- Why analytics is important
- How data science is used in social media, climate research, and more
- Data science skills
- Data science certifications
- The future of big data
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Define Data Science
6. Future of Big Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.