Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying the QlikView user interface, part of Up and Running with QlikView.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- The QuickView 11 user interface is set up…intuitively, and I think pretty well.…But if you have a work flow that demands a different set up,…then you can always customize the interface.…In this movie, I will show you how to do that,…and my sample file is the Western Report.qvw file…that you can find in the Chapter One folder…of your Exercise Files collection.…That said, I won't be working with the elements…of the report themselves, just the user interface,…so any report you have will be just fine.…So once again, this is a menus…and toolbars based user interface.…
If I want to change the toolbars,…I can right-click anywhere in the toolbar area,…and that displays a list, or shortcut menu,…of the toolbars that are currently available.…So we have Standard and Navigation.…You can tell that those toolbars are currently displayed,…because of the checkmarks next to their names.…If I click Navigation, then it disappears…from the user interface, and when I right-click…in the same area again, you'll see…that only Standard has a checkmark next to it.…
- Installing QlikView
- Setting user preferences and document properties
- Creating visualizations
- Adding objects like List boxes, Multi boxes, and containers
- Adding, deleting, and moving sheets
- Sorting and filtering QlikView data
- Creating charts and pivot tables
Skill Level Beginner
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
1. Introducing QlikView
2. Managing Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Managing QlikView Sheets and Files
4. Creating Charts and Summaries in QlikView
5. Creating and Manipulating Pivot Tables
Further resources1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.