Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing the QlikView user interface, part of Learning QlikView.
- If you've worked in Microsoft Office,…especially programs from Office 2003,…then you're probably familiar with the menus and toolbars…user interface that is used in QlikView 11.…The program window has its title bar at the top, which…gives you the full path of the file that you're working in.…Beneath that is the menu bar, so for example,…if I were to click the File menu header, I would get…a list of all the operations that I can perform on a file.…And the same for editing, for viewing, and so on.…
Beneath the menu bar are a couple of toolbars.…The one on the left is called the standard toolbar,…and it has your most common options.…You can click a button to create a new report,…open an existing report, save the report…you're working on, and so on.…The navigation toolbar allows you to clear…any selections that you've made, you can go back…or forward, if your sheet is wide enough,…and you can also lock and unlock your sheet,…either to prevent changes or to permit them.…
Within the body of the report, you will see…
- Installing QlikView
- Setting user preferences and document properties
- Creating visualizations
- Adding objects like List boxes, Multi boxes, and containers
- Adding, deleting, and moving sheets
- Sorting and filtering QlikView data
- Creating charts and pivot tables
Skill Level Beginner
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
1. Introducing QlikView
2. Managing Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Managing QlikView Sheets and Files
4. Creating Charts and Summaries in QlikView
5. Creating and Manipulating Pivot Tables
Further resources1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.