In this video, Judy explains how some technical reports can be a follow-up to a previous study or way to offer an idea for others to investigate. Learn how to delve into different approaches regarding future studies or reports including periodic reviews, meta-analyses, or reports that have a call to action.
- [Narrator] The technical report you're preparing…may actually be a follow-up to another study…that was completed.…The follow-up study you are completing…was mentioned as a possible future study topic…in someone else's technical report.…Part of the value of a technical report…maybe to suggest new research.…More information may be necessary…before drawing concrete conclusions.…This technical report title identifies it…as being in that category.…Technical Report 11…Follow-Up Evaluation of the Effects…of Training Primary Health Care Providers.…
If everything were researched only once…we would have dated studies,…new test methods,…new testing equipment,…and the results of hundreds of studies…constantly shed new light on old views.…Additionally, one study may contradict another.…Does that mean one is right,…and one is wrong?…Maybe.…But maybe different research methods were used,…or maybe the researchers had built-in biases,…or an actual error was made in reading the statistics,…or in tabulating the results.…
Look at this title,…
- Identifying the purpose and main point of the report
- Evaluating audience needs
- Conducting research
- Writing a first draft
- Writing an abstract
- Including methodology and procedure
- Creating a cover letter
- Crediting sources
- Considering language formality
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Writing a Business Reportwith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 57m Appropriate for all
Business Writing Principleswith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 32m Beginner
Business Writing Strategieswith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 59m Appropriate for all
Writing in Plain Englishwith Judy Steiner-Williams1h 51m Beginner
2. Analyze Audience Characteristics
Evaluate audience needs3m 41s
3. Writing Process
4. Sections of a Technical Report
5. Mechanical Elements
Next steps2m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.