Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Filtering a pivot table, part of Up and Running with QlikView.
- Pivot tables let you summarize large collections of data.…Of course, you might not always…want to look at all the data at the same time.…In this movie, I will show you how to filter…your pivot tables to limit the data that's displayed.…My sample file is the FilterPivot document…and you can find it in the Chapter05 folder…of the Exercise Files collection.…There are a couple of different ways…to filter a pivot table.…The first is within the pivot table itself…and the second is using list boxes,…multiboxes and other controls.…
If you want to filter a pivot table from within…the pivot table, all you need to do is click the header…representing the values you want to display.…For example, let's say that I only want…to see sales for the State of Texas.…I can go into the pivot table and click Texas.…When I do, I see results only for the State of Texas.…Let's say that I only want to see results…for Texas in January.…I can click the January header…and I have filtered based on each of those fields.…
If I want to remove those filters,…
- Installing QlikView
- Setting user preferences and document properties
- Creating visualizations
- Adding objects like List boxes, Multi boxes, and containers
- Adding, deleting, and moving sheets
- Sorting and filtering QlikView data
- Creating charts and pivot tables
Skill Level Beginner
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
1. Introducing QlikView
2. Managing Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Managing QlikView Sheets and Files
4. Creating Charts and Summaries in QlikView
5. Creating and Manipulating Pivot Tables
Further resources1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.