Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a visualization from a data source, part of Up and Running with QlikView.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- QlikView lets you summarize data visually.…The first thing you need to do is,…create a link to your data source.…In this movie, I'll show you how to create a link…to an Excel file, but the techniques you learn here…will work for connections to other data sources, as well.…My sample file is the Western Order Info Excel workbook,…which you can find in the chapter two folder…of your exercise files collection.…I have started QlikView, and now I need to let it know…that I want to create a new visualization.…
To do that, I'll go to the toolbar and click the New button.…I could have also gone to the File menu and clicked New.…Clicking New starts the Getting Started Wizard…so that I can create a new document.…The first thing I need to do is select a data source.…In this case, I'm working from a file,…so I need to identify the file's path.…Next to the File Path box, I'll click the Browse button.…Clicking the Browse button displays…the Open Local Files dialog box.…
I'm here in the chapter two folder…of the exercise files collection,…
- Installing QlikView
- Setting user preferences and document properties
- Creating visualizations
- Adding objects like List boxes, Multi boxes, and containers
- Adding, deleting, and moving sheets
- Sorting and filtering QlikView data
- Creating charts and pivot tables
Skill Level Beginner
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
1. Introducing QlikView
2. Managing Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Managing QlikView Sheets and Files
4. Creating Charts and Summaries in QlikView
5. Creating and Manipulating Pivot Tables
Further resources1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.