Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a text object, part of Learning QlikView.
- QlikView reports often contain multiple controls.…If your colleagues don't look at your reports very often,…or if you haven't opened a report for a while,…you might need hints to indicate…what each control, or group of controls, represents.…That's where text objects come in handy.…I'll show you how to create text objects,…or labels, in this movie.…My sample file is the Create Text Object sample report,…and you could find that in the chapter two folder…of your exercise files collection.…
I have a pretty simple report.…I just have a chart on the right and a listbox on the left.…What I'd like to do is create a text control…so that newer users of QlikView know…that they can use the control key…to select multiple items in the State box.…To create a text control, I'll click the Layout menu header,…point to New Sheet Object,…and then click Text Object.…Doing so displays the New Text Object dialog box.…
The first thing I can do is to type the text for the object.…In the text box, where the cursor is currently flashing,…
- Identify which systems the Windows x64 download option should be used for.
- Recall how to get rid of a certain command currently showing in a toolbar.
- Recall the benefits of using the Index tab and the Search tab.
- Explain what a green dot in one of the search filters of a multi box indicates.
- Recognize how to sort a list by the name of the month.
- List the types of charts you can convert a bar chart into.
Skill Level Beginner
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
1. Introducing QlikView
2. Managing Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Managing QlikView Sheets and Files
4. Creating Charts and Summaries in QlikView
5. Creating and Manipulating Pivot Tables
Further resources1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.