Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a container, part of Up and Running with QlikView.
- QlikView reports can be crowded places,…so the program's designers built in a number of tools…that let you store several controls…in a single compact object.…A container, which can hold several…other controls within it, is one of those tools.…I'll use as a sample file the CreateContainer report,…and you can find that in the Chapter02 folder…of your Exercise Files archive.…I have a number of controls here.…The first is a chart, which I'll leave as is.…I also have two controls on the left, State and Weekday,…that I want to put within a container to save space.…
To create the container, I'll open the Layout menu,…point to New Sheet Object, and then click Container.…The New Container dialog box appears,…and I have a number of objects…that I can choose to include in the container.…The first one is my chart.…I'll leave that one outside,…but I do want to add the other two.…The first, I'll add a State.…I'll select it, it's highlighted in blue, and click Add,…and then Weekday, which I'll click, and Add.…
If I want to change the order in which…
- Installing QlikView
- Setting user preferences and document properties
- Creating visualizations
- Adding objects like List boxes, Multi boxes, and containers
- Adding, deleting, and moving sheets
- Sorting and filtering QlikView data
- Creating charts and pivot tables
Skill Level Beginner
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
1. Introducing QlikView
2. Managing Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Managing QlikView Sheets and Files
4. Creating Charts and Summaries in QlikView
5. Creating and Manipulating Pivot Tables
Further resources1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.