Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a Multi box, part of Up and Running with QlikView.
- Listboxes, which I covered in the previous movie,…let you limit the data that appears in your report.…You can create multiple listboxes if you want,…but each one takes up valuable screen real estate.…If you want to work with multiple fields…using a single control, you can create a multibox.…The sample file that I'll use to show you how that works…is the Create Multibox report,…and you can find it in the chapter two folder…of your exercise files collection.…I have my report with plenty of room over here to the left.…
I'll go ahead and create a multibox.…To do that, I will open the Layout menu,…point to New Sheet Object, and click Multi Box.…Doing so opens the New Multibox dialog box.…First thing I can do is type a title,…and I'll make sure that the cursor's…flashing in the title box.…It is, and I'll type "Filter Control."…Now I can select which fields I want to add…to the multibox control.…I see all the fields available to me…over here on the left in the Available fields list.…
Let's say that I want to add two.…
- Installing QlikView
- Setting user preferences and document properties
- Creating visualizations
- Adding objects like List boxes, Multi boxes, and containers
- Adding, deleting, and moving sheets
- Sorting and filtering QlikView data
- Creating charts and pivot tables
Skill Level Beginner
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Excel Data Analysis: Forecastingwith Wayne Winston3h 7m Intermediate
1. Introducing QlikView
2. Managing Data Sources and Visualizations
3. Managing QlikView Sheets and Files
4. Creating Charts and Summaries in QlikView
5. Creating and Manipulating Pivot Tables
Further resources1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.