Learn what business analytics specialists do for companies by analyzing their relationship with BI architects and how they can leverage off-the-shelf BI tools in the cloud when facing resource challenges. Also learn what it takes to become a business analytics specialist.
- View Offline
- The word business strongly implies…a requirement for solid business knowledge and sense…for this job.…Therefore, whoever is aspiring to become a…business analytics specialist,…must be both business and technology savvy.…Business analytics specialist are those who…make things happen under the overarching vision…of the architect.…In other words,…they implement BI architectures…according to the direction and supervision…of the BI architect.…
When a company can't afford to hire a BI architect,…it needs to march on…by solely relying on a business analytics specialist…to obtain its BI.…This also means that they cannot architect…and build their own BI systems…due to the lack of resources.…Naturally, in this scenario,…the business analytics specialist…has no other choice…but to depend on off the shelf software products…offering business analytics capabilities.…
Luckily for these smaller companies…with less resources,…the service of business analytics is being…quickly commoditized…and becoming easily accessible.…The quality and ease of use of these products…
Jungwoo Ryoo is a professor of information science and technology at Penn State. Here he reviews the history of data science and analytics, explores which markets are using big data the most, and reveals the five main skills areas: data mining, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), statistics, and visualization. This leads to a discussion of the five biggest career opportunities, the four leading industry-recognized certifications available, and the most exciting emerging technologies. Along the way, Jungwoo discusses the importance of ethics and professional development, and provides pointers to online resources for learning more.
- A history of data science
- Why analytics is important
- How data science is used in social media, climate research, and more
- Data science skills
- Data science certifications
- The future of big data