Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with different versions of Android, part of Mobile for Business: Setting Up Your Android Phone or Tablet.
- There are lots of different Android devices out there and they don't always work the same way. In this course, the device that you'll see most often is a Nexus 7 tablet running Android version 5, also known as Lollipop. As of this recording, Lollipop is the newest version of Android but not all devices are running that version yet. But the information that you'll see in this course will still be valid for most devices though the design and layout of some of the menus and interfaces will be different. For example, on some devices, when you go into the settings, the colors will be different and the layout of the buttons will be different.
But you'll still see options for wifi, Bluetooth, security, accounts, and the other options that we'll be using in this course. But you should be aware that many manufacturers make modifications to the Android interface. Samsung devices, for example, have an interface that looks much different. For the most part, the options that I talk about in this course will be the same. But when there are significant differences, I'll show those differences on a Samsung phone. Other devices might have more differences that are not accounted for in this course.
But I believe that you should be able to find what you need by comparing your device to the devices shown in this course. Be aware of the differences in the layout and design, be prepared to do a little hunting around if your menus are different, and you should be fine.
- Getting connected to Wi-Fi and VPN
- Printing from Android
- Synchronizing contacts and calendars
- Connecting to displays for presentations
- Using an external keyboard
- Securing your Android device