Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Using LastPass to log in to websites, part of LastPass Password Management Fundamentals.
- Now that you have imported, saved,…and organized your logins,…let's talk about the most useful part,…using Last Pass to retrieve them.…Last Pass makes logging into your websites…both easy and secure.…There are two ways to use Last Pass…to log in to a website with your stored login information.…The first is the simplest.…Through your vault.…First, open your browser.…I'm going to use Google Chrome for this movie,…but logging in is very similar in each browser.…Open your Last Pass vault…by clicking the Last Pass icon…in the top right of your screen.…
Once you sign into your vault…locate the login you want to open.…You may need to expand a folder to find your login.…I talk more about expanding and collapsing folders…in the organizing logins movie.…Once you've located your website within the list,…click the name.…Last Pass will take you to the login screen of that website…and log in for you.…Just as a note,…if you have require password re-prompt…selected in the settings,…you may need to enter your master password again.…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: My screen doesn't match the LastPass interface shown in the course. What changed?
- The order of the items in the left-hand menu is slightly different, and Settings was renamed Account Settings.
- The folder icons in the vault have a slightly different look.
- The security login option for grid authentication is no longer offered in the Account Settings' Security tab; it is only in the Multifactor tab.
- The security keyboard is no longer a grey button under the login, but a keyboard icon within the password box.
- Menus in the Tools menu open a bit differently, though all items are in the same order and have the same names.
- The popup box to share a login has a slightly different look and no longer shows the option of sharing a password only or a full login.
- In the top menu, they added a Credit Monitoring option and moved the Tutorials option to the left-side menu.
- When adding a login, the Add to Favorites option is now at the top of the dialogue box and the other settings are accessed by clicking a link at the bottom called Advanced Settings. Previously, they were always visible.