Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Using LastPass to generate strong passwords, part of Learning LastPass Password Management.
- LastPass offers a password generator tool to help…you create a very strong, complex password.…To use the password generator…when creating a new login for a website,…create your login as you usually would.…When you get to the password field,…click the LastPass icon in the top right of your browser,…then select Generate Secure Password.…This will open the password generator.…You'll see a suggested password…in the text field of the generator.…You also have some advanced options available,…by clicking Show Advanced Options.…
My favorite option to add is the special characters.…Once you're finished, click Accept.…The generator will fill in the password field…with your new secure password.…Once you submit, LastPass will ask…if you want to save the login.…Click Save Site, then set up your…login as you usually would.…You can see the new password here as well.…Remember to scroll down and hit Save when you're finished.…In order to use the password generator…when changing an existing password,…log in to the website you want to change…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Q: My screen doesn't match the LastPass interface shown in the course. What changed?
- The order of the items in the left-hand menu is slightly different, and Settings was renamed Account Settings.
- The folder icons in the vault have a slightly different look.
- The security login option for grid authentication is no longer offered in the Account Settings' Security tab; it is only in the Multifactor tab.
- The security keyboard is no longer a grey button under the login, but a keyboard icon within the password box.
- Menus in the Tools menu open a bit differently, though all items are in the same order and have the same names.
- The popup box to share a login has a slightly different look and no longer shows the option of sharing a password only or a full login.
- In the top menu, they added a Credit Monitoring option and moved the Tutorials option to the left-side menu.
- When adding a login, the Add to Favorites option is now at the top of the dialogue box and the other settings are accessed by clicking a link at the bottom called Advanced Settings. Previously, they were always visible.