Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Using LastPass to generate strong passwords, part of LastPass Password Management Fundamentals.
- LastPass offers a password generator tool to help…you create a very strong, complex password.…To use the password generator…when creating a new login for a website,…create your login as you usually would.…When you get to the password field,…click the LastPass icon in the top right of your browser,…then select Generate Secure Password.…This will open the password generator.…You'll see a suggested password…in the text field of the generator.…You also have some advanced options available,…by clicking Show Advanced Options.…
My favorite option to add is the special characters.…Once you're finished, click Accept.…The generator will fill in the password field…with your new secure password.…Once you submit, LastPass will ask…if you want to save the login.…Click Save Site, then set up your…login as you usually would.…You can see the new password here as well.…Remember to scroll down and hit Save when you're finished.…In order to use the password generator…when changing an existing password,…log in to the website you want to change…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 17m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with LastPass
2. Using LastPass on a Desktop Computer
3. Using LastPass Form Fill Profiles and Secure Notes on Desktop Computers
Using Secure Notes2m 34s
4. Sharing LastPass Information
5. Using LastPass Mobile
6. Ensuring Security with LastPass
Wrapping up1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.