Join Suzanna Kaye for an in-depth discussion in this video Uploading existing logins from other software, part of LastPass Password Management Fundamentals.
- LastPass makes it easy to get started,…with the ability to import your passwords…from existing password software or a CSV file.…Let's take a look at how to import passwords…from other password management programs.…Importing passwords using preestablished formats,…which simply means from another software program,…does take a few steps but is relatively fast and very easy,…so I recommend this option.…To import from a preestablished format,…first open your browswer.…Now, LastPass recommends using the Firefox browser…for your import because within this browser…the import is much easier.…
Within the Firefox browser,…click the top right LastPass icon.…This is the black box with the white asterisk in the middle.…You'll be prompted to enter your log-in information.…Once you've logged in, the icon will turn red.…Click the icon again.…Select tools towards the bottom of the list,…and then select import from.…This menu is a listing of all of the password programs…that LastPass can import from.…If your software is not on the list,…
First, learn how to set up and use LastPass on desktops, phones, and tablets; upload existing passwords and generate new ones; organize data; and work with identities and Secure Notes. Then discover how to share logins and folders with others, sync data, use the LastPass Tab and LastPass Wallet apps, and understand best practices for adjusting LastPass security settings and alerts.
- Creating a complex master password
- Creating a LastPass account
- Installing LastPass
- Uploading logins
- Using form fill profiles and secure notes
- Sharing logins
- Adjusting security settings
- Auditing your security with LastPass
- Backing up and syncing LastPass data
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 17m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with LastPass
2. Using LastPass on a Desktop Computer
3. Using LastPass Form Fill Profiles and Secure Notes on Desktop Computers
Using Secure Notes2m 34s
4. Sharing LastPass Information
5. Using LastPass Mobile
6. Ensuring Security with LastPass
Wrapping up1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.